Friday, April 25, 2008

Sac, and related news.

I'm going to contradict something I said recently. And this might sound a little weird. I like Sacramento. This might make me crazy, but let me put a finer point to it. I like Midtown Sacramento. It kind of reminds me of the perfect mix of South Minneapolis and Kalamazoo. Only warmer. The rest of the city and it's environs are ensconced in a soul-crushing heap of suck. But there is a little neighborhood just east of Downtown that is pretty groovy. You know just good honest folk, tending toward a younger twenty-something crowd. None of your San Fran "We're God's Gift to North America" Or Berkley's "If I see one more 'coexist' bumper sticker, I will strangle you in your own prayer flags, you damned hippy" or San Diego's "Whoa, Dude!" or LA's "The Midwest? That's totally 'thar be, like, dragons'" Just a neighborhood where real people live. Perhaps the only ones in the damned state.

And in the overshare of the decade: trust me, it sucks.

2 comments:

dekoushka said...

Dude tell her not to squeeze so hard next time! Sheesh....

Nora said...

My bad. . .I should have warned you about my bionic parts.