Monday, April 14, 2008

The Land of Milk and Honey

Portland, Oregon.

I haven't been in this town since I was 14. I always had the impression that I would really like this Burg. My suspicions were confirmed today. First off, the rig and the giant fish is parked right off a streetcar line. Streetcars! effective transit! Second, I'm using totally free city-wide wireless to upload this post. Put it on the shortlist. I could live here.

In other news, we're working hard. We had a lovely night at a volunteer's house on Saturday. They kept feeding us wine and we stayed up way too late. Their kitters really took a liking to me, and me to them. Except that when I woke up, my allergy kicked in strong and my right eye. Total Quasimodo. We then spent a day at the zoo where the big fish was mobbed by children. Birth Control. It's a good thing.

No comments: